Day 26 [of thankfulness] on Day 27

Do you want to know something? I feel terribly guilty. And halfway sheepish. Because? Well because... I didn't take any pictures on Thanksgiving. Not even one. No still life. No action shots. No posses. No self portraits. Nothing.
And all this after I admonished half of my far away relatives and friends to take lots of pictures. hmph. SO. Sorry, people. No documentation of the First Thanksgiving Away. Maybe I'm more bummed than anyone else...


ahem.

moving on.

This last entry [of thankfulness] is nothing profound (not that any of these have been profound). It's just what made me smile yesterday at work as I drove to Rapid one more time.

[Sometimes being the driver is the funniest place to be.]

[note: the names have been changed to protect the innocent]


Frank had been drifting in and out of coherency, and really, really wanted to go to sleep, so my partner kept up a loud and sporadic conversation with him the whole way up. He got asked multiple times where he was at, where he was going, what was going on, etc, and could often give the correct answer. But. Just as we were pulling onto the hospital street, this conversation ensued:


"Frank? Hey Frank! Keep your eyes open! Do you know where we're going?"


"Yeah. We're going over the hill."


"Over the hill, huh? Well, not quite. Do you know what's going on?"


"We're trying to get Elvis."


"Elvis?"


"He's an alien. We need to stop him."


"Ok, Frank, you just keep taking deep breaths."

Sometimes I'm still laughing when I call into dispatch.

[Annie. The poor, abused practice patient]
Posted by Picasa

Comments

~Aryn said…
LOL!! Oh Liz I love you and your random adventures... And if it makes you feel any better I didn't take a single solitary picture on Thanksgiving day either.
Unknown said…
haha.. that DOES make me feel better :) Miss you TONS and TONS!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions