Write 31 Days (what am I getting myself into?)

I have been missing this creative outlet, and after five months of being home with the little dude (and several frustrating months of computer problems), I am more than ready to get back into this space. How better to do that than to jump into the deep end commit to a Write 31 days challenge? You're right, THERE IS NO BETTER WAY. Since I will be traveling for a good portion of the beginning of October, this could be interesting, but ya know, I'm all about adventures! 



When I was single, (and not ready to mingle) I would spend a lot of afternoons or evenings on lone walks. Sometimes I would have a book. Sometimes I would bring a journal. Sometimes, I would just go. Almost always, I had a camera. 
Since this was before the time of my life when I had a smart phone, it was such a fantastic time to be alone with my thoughts. To be bored. To people watch. To let my imagination run. 
These days, it's much harder for me to be alone with my thoughts when I walk. Partially because I am married and have a small human, and also because I have a really bad tendency to let my boredom and attention span turn immediately to my phone. It has become uncomfortable to let my eyes and mind be undistracted. I have found, however, that sunset, with my two boys and a camera is the perfect scenario I need to let my feet and my mind walk together. 
Here's to more wandering evenings to exercise the habit of being bored. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

interruptions

Five Minute Friday: After

Summer Lovin'