Doing the whole New Year Thing

Twenty twelve was quite possibly the fastest year of my life. 

I got back from South Africa and have spent countless days missing and thinking about and missing my roommate, the kids, the mammas, the church, the dudes who kept me laughing and made me feel welcome, and the crazy taxi drivers (no, really). 

I went on an amazing ski trip with some work buddies. And had the most memorable birthday of my life (besides being born, that is). I added some metal to my leg and got a ride in an ambulance on the other side. 

I (finally) got back in the swing of work and made some more great memories with my work buddies. I also got to know all the words to some of the most annoying pop songs of the summer. (thanks, Nate. thanks, Mitch. thanks, Brandon.) 

I made it to KC twice and loved every second of the short friend reunions in one of my favy cities. I also got to tour a brand new Mormon temple, which is a rare occurrence, indeed. (we had to wear little white footies. stylin)  

More friends got married. More friends had babies. More friends moved away from Hot Town. (life is all about seasons, btw) 

I learned more about long term commitment to my youth group and loved the time given to invest in these kids' lives. Still so much to learn about this ministry. (currently working on controlling my laughter when I am supposed to be serious) 

I was convicted and challenged and encouraged by my small group study on Sunday nights.  

I got to spend a weekend in Minneapolis at the Desiring God National Conference. Who knew that a weekend about sanctification could be so, so encouraging? Great fellowship and challenges from God's Word. (bonus: downtown Minneapolis) 

I am looking forward to 2013. Sometimes it feels like the future is just one big empty space waiting to be discovered, or filled. That's both intimidating and exciting. But that's ok, because I have learned that life is as much about hard times and tears as it is about adventures and laughter. Soli Deo Gloria. 




Ps, I did the whole goal thing. I found this blog post quite useful as I plotted 2013. Here's to the laughter and the tears. Cheers! 




Comments

Mitchell said…
Hey Liz, what did it start with? Did it start with the whisper after she asked to call her maybe? Them did she say that they are never ever getting back together? :)
Clara Williams said…
Hey, I have "Run a 5k or two" on my list too. We should have a mutual 5k.

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions

nothing new [under the sun]