22 DOT: the end.

Ok, so it only took me like a million years to get that whole picture situation figured out. But I don't believe in blogging without pictures, soooo I had to fix that problem. Obviously. And I missed music monday. And I have no idea where this week went or what I have done with it exactly. SLOW DOWN, life! Eish. Ok. Without further ado, the rest of DOT.



I have a love/hate relationship with this road. and by love/hate I mostly mean that I love to be done driving it. But every time i get out of the BH and onto this road, I am blown away by the wide open spaces. I forget how big the sky is. And how empty the roads are. And how spectacular the sunsets can be. 


these guys. Half of us were missing from the annual Thanksgiving craziness that goes down at the homestead. The aunts and uncles with their sibling jokes and arguing and food preparation. My siblings joining in with their own nonsense. And the nieces and nephews running around adding to the crazy. We couldn't all be in the same place this year, but we all (sans brasil) skyped together and it was talking over each other, and witty come backs, and laughing about memories, and naming the religiously played football game, and how does your thanksgiving look? and what is the weather like there? and we miss you's. 
Man oh man do I love these guys. Granted, this picture is almost a year old, and we are missing The Pierre. But it's ma famile. They are pretty awesome sauce.



I got to see my ALMOST 91 y/o grandma right before Thanksgiving and we took a little walk to the post office in my hometown of Dix. She amazes me with her stamina at this age. She still takes walks every day. She volunteers to visit prisoners once a month. She plays the organ at her church every Sunday. She is one of the greatest prayer warriors I know. 



She is stylin and profilin and keeps up with her vast amount of kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews/etc by email and on Facebook. Yeah. Ninety one years old and she is on Facebook. She loves to be where the action is and know what is going on at all times, even if that means she has to stay up til midnight to keep up during family gatherings.


She's where we got our sense of humor (read: sarcasm) and the "I learned from my father who learned from his mother: exaggeration gets the point across." She's where we got our opinionated selves and stubbornness.


She raised 7 kids by herself after my grandpa died in a tragic accident and has seen a son also die a premature death. 



She's seen and testifies to the greatness and goodness and faithfulness of our God. And I hope that my life can be half as much of a testimony as hers is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Day Ever

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions