Projects (so far)

My Bridge Radio is amazing. I wish that Hot Springs would not be such a black hole for radio stations :P But they provided me with my first project of the year: memorizing and meditating on a verse (or two) a week. I am not memorizing verses for school, which I had done for the first 15 years of my academic journey, so I thought this would be great for the self discipline factor. I already had pretty much all of these memorized from one time or another, but I am becoming an ESV-ite so these verses are emphasized in a new light to me as I memorize them in a different version.
This month's verses:
week 1: Ps 1:1-2 "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night."
week 2: Rom 8:32 "He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?"
week 3: 1 Cor. 15: 58 "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."
week 4: Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Project #2 via this fellow: self portrait of the month...



Project le nombre trois: supporting these friends in prayer. I get specific prayer requests from them every Saturday and love building this new relationship/connection. Look them up here (Richard and Paula Scott) and check out their blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

Summer Lovin'

interruptions