DIY fun (pinterest inspired)

So I don't know if this happens to you, but I get on pinterest and pin all these great ideas and feel all inspired, but most of the DIY and projects I pin, I probably will never complete.

BUT. there have been multiple little ideas that I have implemented into the apartment and such. Here's my most recent project. Which is still a work in progress. But I am pretty pleased with it so far :) 



I had a frame that I took the canvas off of in order to mail the painting, and it looked like it would be good for something, so I have probably kept it around for over a year now.First step was to sand it down and stain it with coffee. The coffee didn't actually stain it as dark as I imagined that it would, but it still gave it some nice color.


Second step was to decide whether I wanted it for a frame for pictures or to implement it for something else. I decided on the something else and took some old  dresser drawer knobs and screwed them into the top. 



All I had left to do was to add necklaces and boom! It adds a nice touch to my very white walls, and I am pretty satisfied with it (for now). I will probably be tweaking it in the future ;) 

any projects you have been up to lately? do tell!

Comments

Clara Williams said…
I did two pinterest projects for a shower I am hosting tonight: http://pinterest.com/pin/13440498858588525/ and http://pinterest.com/pin/51087776993879722/. WOO Pinterest victory!
Unknown said…
those look adorable, clara! love it! :) huzzah!

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Lovin'

interruptions

Five Minute Friday: After