exchanging pleasantries


Hey so I'm sick today. That means no kissing, Liz. Right. I'll keep that in mind.

Oh poop. Poop, poop, poop. (pause) I can't say anything else cuz i'm around kids a lot. Not good for them to hear those other words. Say, could you wipe my schnoz? that would be a negative. but i'll sure give you some tissue.

Yeah, my husband died just a little while a go. (sympathetic face. mumbling something about being sorry.) Yeah. It's really a bummer because I lost all of his social security income! (raises eyebrows) oh, is that right?

Friend: Alright now, you behave. (commence shuffling out the door.) Patient: (giggles) I'll try not to molest them. (winks at me) I'll keep my hands to myself! and this is the part where I am glad that I can drive and laugh at my partners trapped in the back.

I hate hospitals! Hate them. Can't trust those people. why's that? Well! My father went in for his fifth bypass surgery. Never heard from him since. really? I am serious. He went in and disappeared.

Elvis is an alien. (snickering from behind the driver's seat.)

271, H1N1.... I MEAN, H1 is 1010.

Last time I was in an ambulance, you were probably still in middle school. And when was that? back in '85. Ah. Well. I wasn't born yet. Am I that old already? . . .

You're a good driver. I don't care what these guys say about you. And that, old fellow, is why I love you.

Comments

Melinda Shrum said…
LOL . . . aaaaaaaaahhhhhh! I am dying laughing! That brings back SOOOOO many memories!!!!!
Thank you so much for posting. This just made my night!
-Melinda
Jason and Sadie said…
This is awesome! And only the tip of the iceberg. But I did laugh out loud. These are way better than the Bible college instructor quotes I used to collect. In fact, this list is right up there with J's "seizure" movies. Thanks for the great laugh!

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Day Ever

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions