5MF: Here

"Wherever you are, be all there.", I whispered to myself as I wrapped the blankets up to my chin and curled my icy toes under the body pillow. The blankets so easily could have represented the discontentment and dissatisfaction that I had been wrapping around my soul and my mind this year.
The dark ceiling offered up no form of recognition or solace to my words, but as I let out a sigh, the verse I heard earlier that day came to mind:

"And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. God, not your marital status, defines your life.  Don't think I'm being harder on you than on the others. I give this same counsel in all the churches."
(1 Corinthians 7:17 MSG)

"Live and obey and love and believe right there."

Right here.
Right here where God is faithful and God is good.
Right here where there is community and fellowship.
Right here where I am blessed beyond measure.
Right here where there is grace to be all here.






















Five Minute Friday

Comments

Unknown said…
LOVE! I think the line I most savor is "there is grace to be all here." It's such a sacred discipline to be all here, isn't it? I'm trying, but have so far to go. But for today, right now, I'm here. Thanks!
Debi said…
This was a lovely post. What a great reminder of what we need to do right now - be here. Thank you for sharing at FMF.
Denise said…
Wonderful post.

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions

nothing new [under the sun]