Yeah, the world was still in my back yard (simple times)

Life is such a crazy thing. 
I was reminiscing the other day about this time last year and how much had already happened and how much I had planned and how much adventure there was to be had. If I say "a lot," that doesn't even come close.  I had the a.freaking.mazing opportunity to travel all over the US and to two different continents last year... This year? Well.... I broke my leg. And as far as any other plans for the future? Well... I broke my leg. This has been the unexpected, all consuming adventure for 2012. And, in these past 3ish months (!!!) God has been teaching me about contentment and trust and patience and grace. Which, if I think about it, seem to be recurring themes in the life of Liz Johnson. Hmmmm... probably because I have the "I got this" complex, wherein I think that I am in perfect control and command of a situation and therefore don't need to worry God about it. HA. Ridiculous, no? 



Which is why celebrating the grace and mercy of God this past weekend was such an amazing thing. I don't know what you choose to call Easter weekend, or whether or not you choose to celebrate, but I think this is one of my favorite holidays. My favorite, not because of bunnies and chicks and ridiculous amounts of sugar, but because of the intentional celebration of the every day reality called: the Resurrection. To me, this weekend is a celebration not only of my risen Lord and Savior, but also of the beautiful reality of the body of Christ -which means, I have a family so vast and so diverse, yet so bound by the common ground that we have in Christ that I am blown away. God is so awesome! 






In other news, it has been awesome to have these kids living in my town so I can go see them whenever I want to :) [and of course, their parents are pretty awesome to visit as well]



Also, REPRESENT! supporting the SA Springboks (while having a photo shoot in my bathroom. don't judge.) 

Comments

spackle sisters said…
Amen!
P.S. You are the cutest!
Love Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Day Ever

Five Minute Friday: After