Remembering.


These days it sneaks up on me, this heart-aching nostalgia for the people and the places that I said goodbye to over three months ago. It's not like I don't have constant reminders of the little people that invaded any sort of privacy I assumed I had. Their pictures are on display all over my house. Their voices and faces are easily summoned from my netbook. And the soundtrack to my every day commute lies ready waiting only for the play button to be pushed. 



However, it's the little details like the drive to school, the security guards, the trees, the speed bumps, the super annoying/loud birds that I hated then butI would love to hear again, the voices of the kids and the mammas waking me up before my alarm, the rain on my head in the middle of the night because I forgot to close the window, sirens, people at the robots, my favorite beggar and his hat and sliding down the deserted halls of the shopping center when we're bored on a weekend night that catch me the most off guard. Their memories come back while I drive across town, or brush my teeth, or as the afternoon sun comes through the window, or as I wash the dishes, as I work to readjust to routine here. 








The walk to church on Sunday morning and packed rows and laps of kids when it's too hot to even be touching anyone let alone be sitting wedged in between little bodies is a memory most revisited. If I close my eyes, my mind is full of Sunday morning: the hot sun shining steamy through the humidity. The blossoms spilling over walls and petals laying a carpet under my flip flopped feet. The workers chatting and laughing as they work on the wall, which seems as if it is growing excessively high. Cars pass and hoot, other morning walkers wave from further down the block. Shaking hands. Hugs. Laughter. Teasing. The silence in the sanctuary for a few moments before the parade of kids and papers traipse up the middle aisle and do away with personal space. And the service slips into routine: swaying, dancing, praising, announcements, birthdays, teaching, scribbling, pictures, heads bowed in prayer. And I miss it all.








I am SO BLESSED to have been granted an opportunity to be challenged and encouraged and grown during my time at Lambano Sanctuary. They stole a piece of my heart and I can't wait for the opportunity to go back and invest more time with these people. I want to just encourage you to take the time to check out their blog and website and pray about how you can get involved to support this ministry. They can use both financial support and volunteer support the most, but if you want to know what other specific needs they have right now, please just contact them and ask! You won't regret any sort of investment you make, I guarantee :) 







Comments

We miss you too Auntie Lizzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Day Ever

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions