a little piece of my heart



...has gone bye bye with some of the hospice kids who got to go home today. this is Happy for them and Sad for me. they have been here the entire time that i have been, so it's strange to think of them Not Being Here anymore. so many laughs and teasing and hugs that i will miss now that they are gone :P
i have to confess that if i am allowed to have favorites around here, getting to know and invest in the hospice kids has been my Favorite Thing. 








my other Favorite Thing is going on roommate adventures. sarah and i hit up Pretoria's two extremes: the city square and market (full of bustle and noise and people and taxis), and the botanical gardens (quiet, people picnicking, nature, somebody singing "brown-eyed girl"  -a strange removal from the city just kilometers away). we met up with (make that, hitched a ride with) one of her Swiss friends who is here for work as well. some day, i'll post about Adventures with Sarah, but for now, blogger is hating on my attempts to upload pictures.

this picture is just a glimpse into what our dishes regularly look like -we do not use normal plates and bowls, and each of us goes through at least one yogurt container a week. i'm on my third peanut butter jar hahaha. 
sometimes, i feel like my life is the real "bread and jam for francis"

Comments

Bethanne said…
your sink looks like the girls dorm:) thanks for sharing a piece of your heart can we please have some more?
Rach said…
I love Bread and Jam for Francis! My niece, Ellie, was running around quoting it the other day. I trained her well. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Day Ever

Five Minute Friday: After