It's the little things

like hearing the voices of my family -from little to big- in all of their talking-over-each-other glory
like skyping into my pal's wedding -and having a good enough connection to see the ENTIRE thing
like having a pool at my house to jump in on the way to and from here or there for a great reprieve from the summer heat
like kids having a cooperative, let's-not-push-liz's-buttons day
like a working fan
like Uncle Philly to be so handy and helpful and smiling
like chatting to pals after forever
like rainy mornings
like great music that worships God for who he is
like the beautiful gift of laughter -and people to laugh WITH and NEAR ;) 
like having friends who are really FRIENDS, even after just 2 1/2 months
like being safe every day despite the stats that are totally against me
like great discussions/venting/gentle reminders






it was a second holiday spent away from family. and it wasnt' that i really missed celebrating the holiday (besides missing out on the pumpkin pie), but more that i missed time with family. still. it was a good day. and i was/am thankful for all of the above. 



i've been thinking a lot about these lessons: 
Prayer as a lifestyle.
Trust for right now, for the future, for everything in and out of my control.
Thankfulness: making it an attitude, not just an occasion.
Purity of heart and mind. with Christ as my sole adoration
Love beyond the situation, beyond the people, beyond myself. abundantly

Comments

Bethanne said…
Hey it was fun to see you on skype for a couple of minutes:)

Strange how I was with your family when you were away from your family, yet still I was away from my own family...
life is funny you know sometimes

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Day Ever

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions