Neighbors...

So every few days when I get home, the scruffy, and sometimes underwear clad neighbor kids holler across the street at me, sometimes just yelling "hi" but most times following that with a stream of questions. "What are you doing? Where were you? Where are you going? Where's your friend? How come you park there? Why aren't you at work? Is this your house? Where's your dog?" And most times I don't have time to sit and converse for a long time, but since i've been missing kids this summer, I've decided to befriend these eager Mc beaver neighbors of mine. Today they had all their clothes on and were just out biking around, so when i came out with the dog a few minutes after getting home to play catch, they took the opportunity to come racing over on their bikes and make friends. They're all "k" names and are nine and under, another broken home. But we sat and talked for quite a while about not much of anything, and took pictures with my phone. I'm hoping that we can hang out more often in the future... pray for this ministry opportunity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions

nothing new [under the sun]