Community

My little town faced fire a few weeks ago. Homes and lives were in danger. 
It's a little surreal when you get the orders to grab the essentials and leave your home. 
My life and home were never in imminent danger, but I had friends who could stand at their door and see flames headed straight to their home. Scary. 

I don't like hard situations when I'm in them, but this reinforced to me again how great my community is here. As several of us rushed around to get out the door, we had a whole army of people offering help and beds and food. We had an influx of texts and calls to make sure we knew we needed to leave. 

And the very next day? God's grace fell on our town. Rain to wash away the smoke, to put out the smolders, to bring sweet relief. 







"...For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." Matthew 5:45

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Day Ever

Five Minute Friday: After