The DGNC, Sanctification and downtown Minneapolis.

"So have you always been a fan of Piper? Is that why you're here?" she asked with exuberant eyebrows, already anticipating a yes.

I gave an awkward laugh. Uh well. Not exactly.
.


The truth is, I haven't had a life long desire to make it to a Desiring God Conference, I haven't read more than one complete John Piper book, and I have only listened to maybe two whole Piper sermons. So why pay for the conference, hotel, food, gas and take over a 10 hour drive to make it to this weekend?


Other than encouragement from sibs and peers, and appreciating/anticipating the subject matter (sanctification), and having a group of friends to go with.... I didn't really have a big reason to be at the Desiring God National Conference.
But talk about a refreshing, encouraging, challenging weekend! Absolutely worth it.





I kept getting asked who my favorite speaker was, or which was my favorite session, and I didn't really have just one. They all tied together for a great overarching message of "God's work and ours in the process of sanctification." So much to process! I look forward to when they get the messages up online so that I can listen to them again.  

Until then, I leave you with this message on sanctification from Tullian Tchividjian, who wasn't at the conference, but got quoted at the conference :). Super good stuff right here. 





PS: we also hung out downtown
I love me some good downtown quality time! We were able to get a hotel just a few blocks from the convention center so that meant we got to walk everywhere [happy dance], and I made like a tourist fool and took excessive pictures of the skyline.
You're welcome.








Comments

Matthew Lim said…
Thanks Liz. This post is a blessing in several ways! Tulli's message wasn't too bad either :-). Wow! Good stuff.
Isaac Stanley said…
I wanted to be there so bad! I guess I'll just have to download all the videos and have my own little DG(WV)C.

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Day Ever

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions