Valentimes in the 2012

For as long as I can remember, I have pretty much loved Valentine's Day. I don't know if its the cookies, the tacky paper valentines, the candy, or what. Certainly its been fostered by my parents creatively encouraging us to celebrate each year through heart shaped food and fun little parties. So, minus the year I dressed in all black, this year is no exception in my succession of years of celebration. No busted leg is hindering my consumption of the pick up line hearts!

me and Albert celebrating love day


What's Valentine's Day without appropriate music? Behold: Mat Kearney's Young, Dumb and in Love. Pardon the random movie scenes, but this is the best audio version of the song I could find on YT. Favorite.




And my new favorite by Indellible Grace: Oh Love that will  not let me go. Put your paws together.






Also, because I promised: 
Music Crushes in the 2011: (do you know how stinking hard it is to narrow it down?)
Leeland -Love is on the Move (theme album for my trip to Joburg.... Holy Spirit have Your Way is just a great song from the heart that I had on repeat)
Mumford and Sons -Sigh No More (was on repeat all day for about a week. they're just a ton of fun. minus Little Lion Man, which is stinking catchy but unnecessarily drops the Fbomb multiple times) 
Mat Kearney -Young Love (OH MY WORD. in love with this album. best when blasting in the car while you accompany at the top of your longs. with actions)
Sovereign Grace Music -Risen (such a great Resurrection album. Behold Our God is probably my fav. song)
The Head and the Heart -The Head and the Heart (forever and always adoring their harmonies. its a toss up between "I get lost in the back of my mind" or "My roots are grown but I don't know where they are" for favorite lyrics)
Brushfire Fairytales -Jack Johnson (yeah. not a new album. but still. Bubbly Toes... what's not to love?)










and finally, quotes:

This is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us

Where you invest your love, you invest your life.


happy love day. what's left of it ;) 

Comments

Leah said…
Haha! I miss you singing with me in a car!!!! Come and see me as soon as you can walk again!!!! ASAYCWA!!!!

I love all your music and your face!!!
Bethanne said…
oh good someone else who doesn't turn up their nose at this lovely holiday.

I don't care if I don't have a Valentine...I will excitedly wear red and eat a big piece of chocolate cake in celebration of the cupid day.
Brooke Shoko said…
THE HEAD AND THE HEART? obsessed. Their songs pull at my little heart.

Popular posts from this blog

interruptions

Five Minute Friday: After

nothing new [under the sun]