Travel: south africa edition

People? I am not a detail-oriented person. SO. apologies (sort of) for the holes and missed updates. Maybe this will help. Maybe? 


Details: prep. 
I have had to do things like sign papers and a lot of emailing and waiting and phone calls and immunizations and waiting and writing and pictures and ordering and making lists and buying and waiting waiting waiting.  
Packing list: immunization record, international driving permit, passport, yellow book, driver's license. 


Details: travel
On Monday: depart from beloved Hot Town and go to the Homestead with The Parents and Sister
On Tuesday: drive to Denver and fly from DEN to Charlotte, NC. 
On Wednesday (through Friday): attend Orientation and meet The People I've been Emailing
On Saturday: Who Knows. Conquer Charlotte, maybe. 
On Sunday: To Infinity! and beyond! (ok, so actually this is just the day that I will be leaving the States and going to Johannesburg, South Africa) 
On Monday: arrive in Johannesburg, SA. Commence living. 
Packing List: Two bags to check. Two bags to carry. Music. Pictures. Books. Coffee. 


Details: life. 
It's been Normal. As in: I have been working. and cleaning my house. and doing dishes. and laundry. and having friends over. and drinking lots of coffee. and going on random weekend adventures. and making a mess of my house. and taking pictures. and visiting family. and laughing. and Living. and counting down the days. 
Packing list: journal. to remember Good Times. and record Good Times.  


Details: emotions (i DO have them) 
It is surreal. I can't tell you how long I have imagined this event to happen in my life. 
I am SO EXCITEDDDD. !!! but the kind of excited that has my stomach in knots and my hands feeling nervous (yes, I said my hands). It's all new. I have nobody I know coming with me or meeting me. this both Freaks Me Out and Excites Me. 
But. I am also bummed. 
Bummed to miss out on Life with people here. My Rachel friend will be Mrs. Linin by the time I come back. And she will have moved Far Away. which is Awesome and Sad.   
Bummed to miss out on Fall. I love fall, and hoodies and football and leaves on the street and sidewalks and crisp mornings and campfires and pumpkin spice lattes (HEAVEN in your MUG).
My material side is bummed to miss out on the release of Needtobreathe's new album! Somebody please go love on it for me. (Sept 20!!!!) 
 Also: may I say that it's weird to mentally and verbally be planning things with your friends for the (near) future and then suddenly realize that you won't be here with them? It's weird. 
Packing List: a ridiculous amount of memories from a grand year. and a bucket list of travels already for next summer. 


Details: God
He is SO GOOD. all of the time. and I am so undeserving in my doubts and stubbornness. This trip has been such a reminder of how faithful he is in every last detail. 
"Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!" Ps 115:1
Packing List: my poor, beat up little Bible and the joy of knowing that He is with me. 


and finally: picture. because blogging NEEDS pictures. just some inspiration and motivation for you. 


for those of you who are confused: this picture has nothing to do with anything. 

Comments

Rach said…
Mrs. Linin will come visit. And you'd BETTER come to her far away land too. We will have more adventures!! Really and truly.

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Day Ever

Five Minute Friday: After

interruptions