Nobody died! [or, Liz and the kids survived Time Alone]

around these parts:

The Coco Roos and Captain Crunch mix is the breakfast of champions



Listening to "Bum Bum" and "Beep Beep" are the favorite past times



Legos can be found everywhere -including the bottom of your foot



Being three is kind of like playing Calving Ball. You get to call all the shots... because you are little


Overheard: [a small taste of the forever entertaining conversations]




"Um, Liz?" (after violent shooting noises)
"Yes?"
"Now you are glued to that couch and you can't even move."
"Ever?"
"Ever. Not even your hands."
[A pondering pause.]
"Except, if you have to go to the bathroom, then you can move."

. . .


"Hey Buster, no feet in the hair."
"But that's what big guys do."
"What?"
"Stick their feet in Liz's hair. And I am the tallest man in the world, so I have to stick my feet in your hair."
"I think it's nap time for the tallest man in the world."
"NO! Wait. When I sleep, I grow taller."
"Good plan."

. . .



[we were learning a new game: blind man's bluff]
"And, Liz?"
"Yes, George the 5th?"
"Can I give you a hug before you blindfold me?"
"Yes, silly, of course you can!"
. . .

"Does pee dry?"
"Yes, Underdog, it does."
"It DOES?! How???" [much astonishment]
"Kind of like water."
"But pee is not water. Pee is different. Isn't it?"
"Yes, pee is different than water."
"Ok, but I am an Indian."
. . .


"Liz, Daddy and me are secret buddies."
"Yes, you are."
"But you and me are fighting buddies."
"Ok then."
. . .

"My butt hurts."
"How come?"
"I don't know. Maybe I pooped one out with spikes on it!"
"Uh..."



In the end, I still love kids, and I'm pretty sure they still like me too.
But. I am glad to be able to give them back.
Maybe I can just be an auntie forever?





(Ps. I have had the Michael Finnigan song stuck in my head for 3 days now)

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol :)

Popular posts from this blog

interruptions

Five Minute Friday: After

Summer Lovin'