on waiting


I've been learning about trust lately.
I mean, all of life has been about learning to trust in one form or another...
... but right now, trust is kind of a theme...
Right now, trust means letting go.
Trust means, giving up my desires and wishes.
Trust means simply waiting.
And this is hard.
I don't like to have to wait, when it seems like I could/should be doing something.
I don't like to give up my desires and wishes when I think that they are not such bad things.
I don't want to let go of this thing.
But this is what God has for me now.
And so I am learning to rest. And be patient. And while I wait, I am learning to serve God, pursue Christ, love others.
Because I know that God is sovereign and that He has a plan.
He has proven His goodness to me over and over again. How silly of me to forget so soon.
Once again, Psalm 33 comes to mind. (I'm stuck on this chapter) I would love to put the whole thing down, because it's good and applicable. But I'll just share a couple of verses instead.

"...For the word of the LORD is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD...
...Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love, that he may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine.
Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.
For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name.
Let your steadfast love, O LORD be upon us, even as we hope in you."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Lovin'

interruptions

Five Minute Friday: After