Music Monday: Avett Brothers FTW

(Let's just pretend it's Monday, OK? ok.)

True confessions: I haven't always loved The Avett Brothers. I got a free song download (thanks, Starbucks), and it found its way into a playlist. I listened to them when they popped up in my tumblr feed and on blog posts. But I didn't go out and buy an album, or youtube obsess over them for days. 
HOWEVER. When my mainmusicman (read: brotha) saw that they were going to be in DEADWOOD, there was no way I (we) were going to miss good live music so close to home. (The struggle is real around here. Either you can get country artists or other random and lame artists. This was kind of a big deal.) 
We got tickets for general admission a couple days before the concert, and weren't really sure what to expect. After all was said and done, it would have been worth it to pay the extra cash to stand a little closer and be separated from the people who came just to get drunk and be loud. As it was, we were right up against the barrier, and had some pretty chill other enthusiasts to stand/dance by (except for the random people who always push through the crowd halfway through the concert expecting you to move so they can get in front of you. Ha.). 

Concert buddies.
(espresso for days)














Pictures don't do justice to these guys' high-energy, two hour + performance. So, so good. They have such a range of style and sound and talent, it was impressive. 
I would go see them again in a heart beat. 

As it is, I just have to settle for watching youtube performances.
Here's a few of my favorites: 












Pretty much in love with these guys.
What are YOU listening to these days?

Comments

Leah said…
I'm not sure but I think I have a song by them in my spottily playlist. I'll have to go listen to them more seriously! Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

Summer Lovin'