30 before 30

It's coming, you guys. That big 30. Another decade alive.  

Before I get all introspective, I'm just going to put this quote out there to remind myself (maybe you need the reminder, too).



Instead of having the mentality of "some day" and living in the hypothetical future, I constantly am having to remind myself to live in today (while, yes, preparing for the future). 

In order to give myself goals to help keep the every day on track and purposeful, I decided to make a 30 before 30 list alongside my yearly goals. I love reading other people's lists, and I was particularly inspired by this post. 

Here's an incomplete start to my 30 before 30 in no particular order. Stay tuned. ;)

1. Go to Hippy Hole in the Black Hills (How have I never gone?)
2. Take Matt to the Devil's Bathtubs in the Black Hills.
3. International Travel at least once before Amos needs a ticket ;) 
4. Move to a bigger house (rent? buy?)
5. Camp in the Badlands (again, how have I never?)
6. Complete a Project 365 (already have missed 2 days this year, uhg.)
7. Take Amos up Harney Peak (or Black Elk Peak, whatever)
8. Print out at least ONE photo book (for Amos, or family, or the coffee table, or whatever)
9. Get back into rock climbing shape and go climb some rocks!
10. Ski again (it's been YEARS, people)
11. 30 days of random acts of kindness (this would be fun to do with Amos as he gets older)
12. Research and support a child through a good charity (any suggestions?)
13. Take an actual over-night backpacking trip.
14. A Red Rocks Concert (I am all heart eyes for Amos Lee, but I have several other bands I would go see in a heart-beat).
15. Register for and run an official 5k
16. Practice guitar with the end goal of being able to lead worship at youth group
17. Complete The Great Courses photography course
18. Hike a 14er in the Rockies -either Colorado or Montana
19. Register for and take a college course or two (werk on those gen eds, baby).
20. Print out pictures specifically for Amos' baby book
21. Twelve months of bread baking from scratch.
22. Complete a reading challenge in a year.


.....to be continued.... 
I'm hoping to post about things as I complete them :)

Comments

Clara Williams said…
I am a fan of this list! I love achievable goals that are still going to be stretching to get there!

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

The Best Day Ever

nothing new [under the sun]