Reading Challenge: a lot late to the game

I am pretty good at going through waves of enthusiasm about reading. I can either plow through a few books a week or not finish one for months. I don't seem to have a happy medium. 
Well, I discovered Tim Challie's reading challenge a couple weeks ago, and thought "why not?". I mean, it says it's for 2016, but it's whatever, man. No worries, and all that. I am shooting for the "Light" reader section first, and see where we go from there (By "we" I mean "me").  




Here's my picks so far for the Light reader section:
(It should be noted that I am going to try to read as many books that have been waiting on my shelf as possible)

A book about Christian living:



A book that has been sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. Loved the practicality of this one! Great resource for moving beyond the "How are you?"  "I'm good/fine" conversations.

A biography:



An interesting look at the possible inspiration for the beloved To Kill a Mockingbird.


A classic novel:



Filed under "Books Liz Should Have Read a Long Time Ago".


A book someone tells you "changed my life" :

A Chaim Potok book. 

A commentary on a book of the Bible:


A book about theology:


Ecclesiology -the doctrine of the church. Another from the bookshelf.

A book with the word "gospel" in the title or subtitle:






Book by some ROOTED peeps! A fantastic resource! Encouraging and inspiring and just all around helpful.

A book your pastor recommends: 

A book more than 100 years old:

A book for children:


Kids books are my fave! Also from the shelf. I think Caddie Woodlawn is me as a child.

A mystery or detective novel:


For some reason, I am having a hard time getting into this one. It comes recommended by several people, buuuuttt. I'm struggling. 

A book published in 2016:


Cuz, I am parent now, apPARENTly (get it?). 



A book about a current issue 


(Gracious, straightforward, easy-reading. I especially appreciated the "It's not Fair" chapter. Taken from my bookshelf.)


This list will continue to be updated :) In the meantime, I welcome any and all category suggestions! I am excited for this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

The Best Day Ever

nothing new [under the sun]