We went to Boulder.

Hurray, birthdays!
Mine was in January, but my Main Man bought me tickets for a concert in March, so we got to celebrate in our classic quick trip way.
I am spoiled.
  






Don't even get me started on this pizza. Heart eyes for days. If you're in town, check out Pizeria Locale (and be sure to go at happy hour).








Live music is a love language of mine, and this was so.good. I didn't really know anything about Jessica Lea Mayfield, except that she had scary eyes.. but her voice. Oh.My.Lanta. I am a huge fan of the Avett Brothers so Seth Avett was a no brainer... the two of them together -magic. Love. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures of the concert since we were seated too far back and I only had my 50mm lens. Sad Face.




Of course we hunted down All The Coffee. 
Boulder Baked was fun.. because. well. Baked. But the espresso was less than impressive. Unfortunately we were there directly after stuffing ourselves with pizza so we didn't try any of the baked goods. We'll have to check it out next time ;) (Don't worry, mom, there was no weed in their food).








The Laughing Goat was fantastic. We wandered down town after the concert and were drawn in by the sound of live jazz. Fantastic espresso. Plus people watching. And the baristas were super friendly and helpful! Plus are you kidding me with that flower beard?! I wanted it.








We stayed in the Hotel Boulderado downtown, which was a block away from the Boulder Theater. It is a beautiful historic building and our only problem was not being able to stay longer. Also: Hurray for valet parking! We just let them park our car and walked everywhere (which wasn't far to go since we were downtown). Plus, then we didn't have to worry about parking, which everybody said they were super strict about.







Favorite coffee place was the Boxcar hands down. Because baristas in bowties plus a CHEESE COUNTER?!?! And bread and bacon. Love. 

Comments

Clara Williams said…
Oh my goodness, that pizza. Delayed birthday concert weekends are some of my favorite things. Looks like a blast for you guys!
Aiden Trimble said…
sounds like you had way too much coffee…and you were probably so high on caffeine that you had a hard time getting home...

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

Summer Lovin'

The Best Day Ever