On Road Trips [Read: Playlists]

It seems like I have been on the road a lot lately between work and weddings. Just this past week, we took a quick trip down to the homeland to hug our Brasilian family goodbye for the next couple of years. As we drove across the prairie, I started compiling a list of my top road trip albums. I thought I would share the list with you. 

The Outsiders -Needtobreathe. this album never fails to bring back memories of college buddies crammed in the back of vans and miles and miles covered during choir tour.
(Honorable mention: Rivers in the Wasteland, but we've already talked about that)



Young Love -Mat Kearney it was the winter after I came back from Johannesburg and I was trying to figure out what life was supposed to look like and where I was supposed to fit in. this album kept me company on many solitary drives.

Babel -Mumford and Sons lyrics from this album find themselves scribbled all over my pages. trips I did take. trips I dreamed of taking. dishes and laundry at the house on days off. homework and the hammock.




Home - Mike Mains and the Branches highway 71 and that summer I spent with sand on the seats and lake water in my hair and a map of the Black Hills at the ready. 

I tried to narrow it down to ONE Jack Johnson album, really I did. But, I can't unravel lyrics from each other and songs from albums because they have so intertwined themselves to the soundtrack of my life, that I can't pick just one. Although On and On brings back memories from school breaks and talks with friends that made me look hard deep down in my heart and challenged my perceptions and paradigms. Growing days, shaping days.




 I and Love and You -The Avett Brothers. because, this is so stamped upon all of my newly married adventures. and them live has forever endeared this album to my heart. 

Love and War and the Sea In between -Josh Garrels. northern california and wedding shenanigans and hiking through snow drifts and past frozen lakes in tank tops and shorts. driving down to durango for a weekend ski trip that turned into a weekend hospital adventure. middleofnowhere south dakota and The Resistance on repeat for an hour or more. 



I could list more. But these are at the top. My top 7. Ish. Whatever. 
How about you? What are your go-to road trip albums or playlists? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

Summer Lovin'