another day, another dollar

I feel like that's ^^^ been the theme of 2013. Did I mention I worked a lot? ha. 
It was a full year.


Some highlights (and random pictures that don't really have anything to do with anything):
Remembering that I am definitely not an academic and that school is not my thing as I took the Advanced EMT course...and passed. thankyouJesus. Bonus: making new friends.


Reuniting with Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil and learning about planning ministry trips with my brother. Also realizing that I am super thankful I have flexible and roll-with-the-punches relatives.

NYC on a 10 hour layover. I needed more time.

30 June when I got the heart stopping news of my friend's death in the Yarnell Hill Fire in Prescott, AZ. Still takes my breath away. Still marveling in how much God's grace is shown through it all. 



Summer, when I remembered how to steam milk for a latte and scoop up ice cream cones and was thankful for culture coming to visit me when I couldn't go to the world. Lots of late night dinners and chats and adventures because some of us don't work a 9-5'er. 


August, when my best friend and I decided that since we're like a really small gang, we should probably just be best friends forever. And by best friends forever, I mean letsgetmarriedandmakebabies. 

Getting my pals married off in KS. Oh, the blessedness of reunions. Oh, the nonsense of my college friends. Good timez. 


Atlanta, GA with my brother to take in a youth conference on the topic of suffering. So last minute, so, so good for the soul. Also, I got strep throat right before we came home... not the most pleasant traveling experience I have ever had. 


Utah with the fam bam for another wedding and more reunions and desert camping. Hurray road trips! Hurray for catch phrase around the fire with the nieces and nephews who are stalling bed time. Hurray for hammock sunrises and an impromptu Sunday service with our French Press before everyone parts ways.


Here it is 2014, and in the midst of wondering where the haystack last year went... I have come to the realization that winter is not my favorite thing. I also have been challenged to think about the New Year in light of MAKING LOVE YOUR AIM and SOME OTHER STUFF. Good thoughts.


And in true Anne of Green Gables, "Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes" spirit, here's to 2014. Pursue Christ. Pursue Love. (and drink lots of coffee) 

Comments

Clara Williams said…
Thanks for the link with the list of goal questions! I am looking forward to utilizing that. (And also looking at the pretty photos on the rest of that blog.)

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

The Best Day Ever

nothing new [under the sun]