travel: a recap of 2011 -the highlights :)

So, I have this problem. An addiction, if you will. It starts with "t" and rhymes with "gravel." I have been going through withdrawals a lot recently, especially since I realized that this is the longest consecutive time in the last year that I have not been in an airport. (i know, i know, first world problems) 

Since I have been obsessing over photo blogs, travel magazines, reminiscing to the point of annoying, creeping fb pictures and looking over my own pictures to the point of memorization, I thought I would post the highlights from trips I was able to make last year.

There are a lot of pictures. Be forewarned.


Brasil: technically not last year. it was, in fact, Dec. 2010, but it was the first of many trips to follow. I didn't know then that I would be going back to Brasil in just 7 months. 
The Pierre and I went to visit my brother and his fam that I had not seen for two years. Never did a hug feel so good. And never did 2 people have so many delayed and missed flights. 




Florida: February wedding an epic road trip with the sister and family down to Florida, surviving sketchy hotels, vomiting nieces, and hours of Story Keepers. Sarah was beautiful and the most calm bride ever. AND, we got to meet our New Sister for the first time. :) 



KC grad trip: I love KC, and I love these people. We have good laughs, good coffee and good eats. Never a dull moment.


Georgia: gal pal weekend. best last minute planned trip ever. Savannah stole our hearts with her Spanish moss trees and sunsets on the river walk and the plethora of people watching opportunities. We could've gone without lost luggage and well, lost us, but that would've made things much less memorable ;) 



KC: wedding edition I hate to say "epic" and "memorable" too often in this post, but really. thanks, Justin and Grace for getting married and having one epic celebration. it was worth the many near death experiences and missing most of your reception to hunt down your elusive get away car. we all sweated our way through the ceremony and danced the night away, and  I'm pretty sure that none of us will be able to top the helicopter. 





Brasil: wedding edition our brother Arnie fell in love with a Brazilian girl and so July found (almost) all of the Johnsons converging on Bahia. I got to travel with 3 of my brothers, which means lots of inside jokes and laughs and "discussions." we spent lots of late nights with new friends and oh.my.goodness the food. I cried when I left, and people, that is not something I do often. it was one very short week. 




typical airport stance: music, reads, coffee, phone and camera

South Africa: trip of a life time if you've been reading this blog for awhile then you already know how I feel about this trip and are probably tired of hearing about it ;) if you haven't been reading this blog for awhile, then imma leave it up to you to look up posts in the archives. I only regret that it was not longer than 3 months. and I can't wait to go back.





2012, you have a lot to live up to! 

Comments

Celeste Mamie said…
And you're about to make another road trip to our grad! Can't wait to hug the breath out of you!!!!!!
spackle sisters said…
I tried leaving a comment...it didn't show up. But it's Friday, and maybe I did something wrong...or maybe I did something right, and now you'll have TWO comments.
spackle sisters said…
Apparently, the last didn't work...so this is what I said...."I'm a little upset that your trip to Hutchinson, KS wasn't included in your trips...offended really :) Glad we were able to share in your adventures!"
Love,
-the stache
Leah said…
I miss you Liz! You have such an exciting life! Hey I just awarded you the Liebster award!

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: After

Summer Lovin'

nothing new [under the sun]